Monday, May 4, 2009

Layering In The Garden

Our cottage garden is developing daily. As I go out every day to appreciate what I’m seeing, I get more ideas about what I like. Today, I liked the portions of the garden that were in bloom on several layers at once. I think that with heightened awareness about that fact, I can create more of what I’ve just discovered that I like. The photos say it better than my words. See the bleeding heart and the grape hyacinth blooming at the same time? They compliment each other! Separately…beautiful. Together…smashing! Camassia and azalea, too. Interesting textures, varying colors … the learning about how to deal with these pleasures comes one step at a time.





2 comments:

Kathy said...

How do you get your fritallaria to grow so straight? I planted my by a rock wall that is on a hill... everything is tilted cattywampus!
~k

Jane Johnson said...

Ha! ...like I know!!
This is the first year I've grown them...dumb luck is all. I DO like them, though. Thanks for visiting!